Vacancy notice at the Brussels office of Johanniter International
The Brussels office of Johanniter International (JOIN) is looking for a new Communication Officer to begin in January 2024 in a part-time position (12 hours/week) for six months.
The main task of the new employee will be to contribute to the communication activities and to implement the European-funded project called ‘TeamUp’, the aim of which is to best prepare First Responders for Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRN-E) events. The role of the JOIN Office will focus on dissemination and communication activities to maximise the impact of the project during and after the project’s implementation.
Johanniter International (JOIN) is an international network of 16 national charitable organisations in Europe and the Middle East and the 4 Orders of the Alliance of the Orders of St John. Our members provide emergency medical services and first aid, civil protection, social care, development cooperation/humanitarian aid, training and youth work.
JOIN represents its members to the European Institutions through an information and advocacy office that is located in the heart of the European district in Brussels. Our working areas include amongst others:
- Cooperation with NGO networks and the EU Commission on humanitarian aid, emergency assistance, civil protection and research projects (Horizon Europe).
- Coordination of bilateral and multilateral cooperation between our members, in particular through the different working groups.
- Information on (EU) funding opportunities, coordination and drafting of project proposals and project management.
- Europe-wide exchange of volunteers and young people between JOIN members.
- Advocacy in different policy areas such as development/humanitarian aid, social and medical law, volunteering, and other related areas.
EMPLOYEE PROFILE – MAIN TASKS
Approximately 65% of the time: reporting to the Head of the JOIN office, the new employee will contribute to the implementation of the ‘TeamUp’ project:
- Develop the project brand strategy and related material.
- Ensure engagement of end-users and establish an Advisory Board for the project.
- Encourage communication and dissemination activities of all project partners.
- Contact relevant networks and stakeholders identified with the aim to broaden knowledge exchanges.
- Undertake research and analysis on other relevant topics.
- Develop other resources in order to implement project commitments.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Ensure timely and appropriate response to questions and problems
- Maintain positive working relationships with the consortium partners.
Approximately 35% of the time: the new employee will assist the JOIN Office in all activities, these mainly include:
- Contribute to writing and editing the JOIN newsletter, to manage the website and other communication activities.
- Research on issues relevant for the JOIN Office (EU policies and legislation, information requests, funding opportunities, etc.).
- Support the organisation of meetings and events.
- Standard administrative work and daily office tasks.
EMPLOYEE PROFILE – REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant studies and degrees.
- Identification with JOIN ‘s mission.
- Fluency in English. German, French and other languages are an asset.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Previous experience in communication is an asset.
- Ability to use MS Office, other IT skills are an asset (e.g. content management systems).
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Proactivity and individual initiative.
- Good communication skills and an attitude of providing services to others.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary context.
- Previous experience with charities is an asset.
We offer you the opportunity to gain insight into:
- The implementation of a European-funded project.
- The cooperation between emergency health care representatives and other experts from different European countries.
- The working environment of an international network of different national charities.
- A variety of different medical, social, and economic policy issues in the heart of EU decision-making.
as well as a part-time (12 hours/week) position with flexible working time and an income amounting to 600 EUR per month.
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter (both in English) to join.office [at] johanniter.org Applications will be accepted until 16th November 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A first round of interviews will be held online on 21st November.