The Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. was founded in 1952. Its core competences cover rescue, transport and medical services, first aid training, meals on wheels, social services, home care and youth work. It holds a state mandate for disaster preparedness and also has a department for international assistance providing humanitarian aid to people all across the world
A team of 60 volunteers offers assistance to elderly people in Siegburg, a city in central Germany.
Our tasks include:
– Regular visits to isolated or lonely people
– Assistance to people who have to fill in official forms
– Computer, smartphone and tablet training specially designed for elderly people
– Transportation services for elderly people like to the nearby supermarket or the doctor´s office
– Weekly E-Bike tours and Nordic Walking courses to ensure physical fitness for everyone
– Conversation groups to practice the languages Dutch and English
– Game circles
– Various kinds of crafting workshops
Our services are free of charge, and all team members work on a voluntary basis.
The volunteer is invited to accompany our team and get an impression of our tasks.
Everyone is welcome to join.
The project continues throughout all the year,
Please feel free to join us for a couple of days.
Who can apply?
No qualification or other certified skills are required.
Minimum age: 25 years
Languages: German or English
Other important information
Accommodation is provided with a host family offering a separate room for the volunteer.
Food is included and free of charge.
If you are interested, please contact the JOIN Office: email@example.com